A Nerve Wracking Experience Called FreedomDavid Greising
Mounted on the wall near the front door of the Restaurant Offenbach-Stuben in East Berlin is a hand-carved, 100-year-old mechanical toy, a Ballet Automat. Drop 10 pfennigs through the slot, and the hatbox-size machine comes to life: A tiny canvas curtain rises, and three ballerinas twirl and spin, jerkily struggling to keep time to the mechanized music.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- NFL’s $205 Million Man Is Hated by Everyone But Those Who Matter
- Auto Suppliers Jump on Report Tesla to Fully Own China Plant
- This Little Known Malaysian Stock Has Surged 400%
- Americans Are Retiring Later, Dying Sooner and Sicker In-Between
- Euro Drops With Spain on Edge; Bonds and Oil Climb: Markets Wrap