Dec Tries To Learn New Tricks In The Old WorldGary Mcwilliams
Since spring, Digital Equipment Corp. has trumpeted a new sales strategy to combat shrinking profits: no-frills for the price-conscious, and lots of pricey service for clients who can afford it. So where's DEC giving the plan its stiffest test? The same turf staked out by Japan's big-computer makers for their first export drive -- Europe.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- GE's New CEO Slashes Profit Outlook, Sends Shares Tumbling
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself