At Best, The Economy Is Dead In The WaterBy
A bombardment of bad economic data has forecasters running for cover. Pounded by disappointing October reports on job growth, consumer confidence, car sales, and industrial activity, many economists are sharply scaling back their near-term expectations for the economy. Most still dismiss the prospect of an outright drop in real gross national product this quarter, but not even that can be ruled out just yet.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries