Card Wars: My Value Is Bigger Than Your ValueBy
Keith Kendrick, marketing chief of MasterCard International, saw the 1980s whimper to an end in focus groups he staged around the country in 1989 and 1990. In one session for Gold MasterCard holders, an ad showing a yuppie buying herself a diamond was soundly rejected. The same ad had been applauded 18 months before. "Blake and Krystle Carrington were out," says Kendrick.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself