John L. Cobbs, 1917 1991
For almost two-thirds of BUSINESS WEEK's 62-year history, John L. Cobbs brought distinction to its editorial staff. Armed with a magna cum laude BA and an MA from Stanford University, he started his long career during World War II in Washington--a base from which he helped our readers penetrate the mysteries of such matters as wage and price controls. Moving to New York, he advanced to such posts as finance editor, business policy editor, and managing editor. From 1969 until his retirement in 1982, he held the title of editor, presiding over the editorial page with grace, wisdom, and wit.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders