Congressional Democrats and the Administration are heading for another showdown over industrial policy. Last year, Congress appropriated $5 million to create a Critical Technologies Institute. The Administration refused to spend the money. Now, Senator Jeff Bingaman (D-N. M.) wants to force the issue. "This institute is going to happen," says an aide. "The Administration has the choice of making it a good one or a bad one."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Drop Most in Six Weeks on Trade War Tension: Markets Wrap
- YouTube Bans Firearms Demo Videos, Entering the Gun Control Debate
- Comedian Byron Allen Buys the Weather Channel for $300 Million
- Under Fire and Losing Trust, Facebook Plays the Victim
- Fed Lifts Rates, Steepens Path Through 2020 for More Hikes