With the early signs that recession may be waning, Prime Minister John Major's Conservative Party has moved ahead in the polls for the first time since last spring. Adding to the Tories' stock has been Major's lead role in foreign affairs since the Soviet coup. If the poll results remain rosy, Major may call an election as early as November.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards