The Muni Mine FieldDean Foust
Not long ago, the Richmond (Calif.) school system was at the top of its class. Under a charismatic new superintendent, Walter L. Marks, the suburban San Francisco district launched an ambitious--and costly--"magnet school" program that allowed students to choose what school to attend. Two years ago, Richmond was transformed into a national showcase for school reform when the White House picked the system to host a three-day conference attended by 1,000 educators.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses