An Obscure Indicator May Herald Happier TimesGene Koretz
While doubts regarding the viability of the recovery are growing, investment analyst Bruce Kirk of S.G. Warburg & Co. is confident that economic activity accelerated at a healthy pace in the third quarter. The reason: Kirk notes that volume shipments of corrugated containers, which were down in the first half of the year, increased about 4.8% and 3% in July and August over their levels a year earlier.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy