The 1992 campaign is young, but steel company executive Joe Cannon, GOP candidate for a Senate seat from Utah, has offered what might be its most novel proposal. He suggests a $1 million bonus for lawmakers "who will go into a room and balance the budget." Cannon is favored to win nomination for the seat being vacated by Republican Jake Garn.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing