After a number of false starts, President Carlos Menem's sell-off plan is finally whittling down Argentina's huge inventory of official assets, large and small. On Aug. 29, bidders paid $1.3 million for five floors of office space in downtown Buenos Aires, and developers are eyeing 2 1/2 acres of prime land near the presidential palace to be auctioned on Sept. 19. Petrochemical and steel plants will go on the block later this year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- World's Second-Tallest Building Opens With a Whimper After Delay
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations