The Shorts Like This BeachwearBy
For a small company that's hardly known on the Street, Quiksilver, a maker of beachwear and casual clothes, has been getting lots of attention--from the shorts. Of its 6.1 million shares outstanding, some 20% are in the hands of corporate insiders, leaving a float of about 5 million shares. What's intriguing is that some 700,000 shares, or 15% of the float, have been sold short--by some pros who are betting the stock will soon slump.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks