Pity The Poor TaxpayerBy
In California, Republican Governor Pete Wilson engineered the biggest tax increase in the state's history, dwarfing even Ronald Reagan's 1967 tax hike. In Pennsylvania, lawmakers duked it out on the floor of the legislature over the state's largest-ever tax hike. And in Connecticut, the government shut down while Governor Lowell P. Weicker Jr. and the legislature battled over inflicting a state income tax for the first time.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself