Is This Any Way To Write A Budget?Lisa Driscoll
As Hurricane Bob roared outside, legislators in the Connecticut State Capitol worked furiously to end a storm of their own making: a budget crisis that dragged on for almost eight weeks. At long last,on Aug. 21, the Democrat-controlledSenate and House were set to giveIndependent Governor Lowell P. Weicker Jr. the personal income tax he demanded.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing