Senator Lloyd Bentsen (D-Tex.) may prove a friend in need to the crippled real estate industry. Bentsen, who has long looked after developers' interests, is seeking a way to give investors some tax incentives. Among the possibilities: encouraging pension funds to invest in commercial mortgages and easing restrictions on the deductibility of real estate losses. The big problem remains finding a way to pay for any new breaks.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing