How The Right Thing Went AwryJohn Filiatreau
Following affirmative-action guidelines often looks easier than it is. Just ask Liberty National Bank & Trust Co. of Louisville. For years, it enjoyed a local reputation as a model equal-opportunity employer. Yet this April, it agreed to pay more than $275,000 to avoid a federal discrimination lawsuit in what a Labor Dept. spokeswoman hailed as "one of the top 10 settlements nationwide this year."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Slide From Records as Anxiety Bubbles Up: Markets Wrap
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States