Kenneth Cole: Doing The Old Soft Shoe To SuccessHeather Keets
To get attention for his debut collection of footwear back in 1982, Kenneth Cole parked a 44-foot van on a busy Manhattan street corner and set up a giant display. He got a permit from the mayor's office under the pretense of filming a movie, The Beginning of a Shoe Company. He even hired a director. "Sometimes there was film in the camera, sometimes there wasn't," he admits.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing