Hidden Strength In Household Income And SavingsGene Koretz
With the personal savings rate down to a meager 3.6% in April and running close to its historical lows, many observers have argued that consumers simply do not have the capacity to expand spending very much in the months ahead. Economist William C. Melton of IDS Financial Services Inc. claims, however, that household spending power is greater than is appreciated because savings have been understated in an important sense.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy