The Spending Uptick Won't Turn Into A Spree...Gene Koretz
There are hopeful signs that the cautionary mood afflicting American consumers is starting to lift. Domestic car sales in late May accelerated to their fastest pace this year. Housing continues to pick up steam. And sales at major retailing chains last month seem to have posted their biggest year-to-year increase in six months.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Homicide Police Probe Deaths of Canadian Billionaire and Wife
- Stocks Gain on U.S. Tax Plan; Treasuries Decline: Markets Wrap
- Death of CSX's New CEO Renews Debate on Health Disclosures
- Bitcoin Takes Bigger Wall Street Stage With Smooth CME Debut
- Bitcoin Climbs as Futures Debut Fails to Incite Attack by Shorts