The Intimate ComputerBarbara Buell
GRIDPAD TABLET COMPUTER DESIGNER: ID TWO BUSINESS & INDUSTRIAL
In an industry dominated by huge egos and flamboyant personalities, San Francisco design studio ID TWO seems to keep the magic going with even-tempered teamwork and a down-to-earth attitude. Founded in 1979 by a soft-spoken Englishman, Bill Moggridge, the studio's modest quarters are tucked under the rafters of a small office building in the city's North Beach Italian quarter. ID TWO has designed everything from round-necked toothbrushes and high-tech chairs to computers. Its eight-trophy triumph in the IDEA 1991 competition is evidence that the company's low-key approach pays off for itself and its clients.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's