Who Says You Can't Make Money In The Theater?Judith H. Dobrzynski
The scene is Singapore, 1941: In Freddy's Song of Singapore cafe, ceiling fans whir, a jazz band plays, and a chanteuse entertains. Beneath a lantern glow, patrons dance or sip drinks called Taiwanons and Frank Sumatras. Suddenly, there's a news bulletin: Some famous Chinese jewels have been stolen. Moments later, a man rushes in, drops the gems, and dies.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- Europe Stocks Fall After China Drop; Dollar Steady: Markets Wrap
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn
- Facebook to Show Users Which Russian Propaganda They Followed