Privacy Vs. Marketing: Europe Draws The LineBy
Two years ago, Fiat managers in France were all ready to transmit personnel records to their home office in Turin, Italy. But this simple action hit an unexpected snag. Citing the private nature of the data--salaries and performance reviews--the French government halted the transmission. It relented only after Fiat's management promised to follow France's strict data-privacy law in Italy.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's