Retailers That Are Doing It Right
The retailing industry's woes are widespread, but Nordstrom and Dillard Department Stores are bucking the trend. Nordstrom's first-quarter profits rose 95%, to $26 million, on sales of $611 million. The improved earnings are the result of tighter inventory and operating controls at Nordstrom's 64 stores, as well as layoffs.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks, Treasuries Rise as Greenback Weakens: Markets Wrap