Beyond Day Care: The Company SchoolIrene Recio
Each weekday morning, when Richard and Ellen Jones drive to their jobs at the sprawling Miami offices of American Bankers Insurance Group, Richie, 6, and Jennifer, 3, accompany them. Jennifer attends the day-care center next to ABIG's main building--and Richie heads for the company-owned school nearby. There, teachers employed by Miami's school district administer to 84 children the same curriculum they would get in a regular public school. When classes end at 2:15, Richie goes to after-school care. And at 6 p.m., the family gathers for its trip back home.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations