Alternative Power Down East
Maine utilities switched to hydropower and activated an oil-fired electric generating plant in the wake of a crippling hydrogen fire at Maine Yankee Atomic Power's Wiscasset nuclear plant on Apr. 29. The 840-megawatt plant supplies a quarter of Maine's electricity. It's owned by 10 utilities, including 38%-owner Central Maine Power.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas