Keeping The Long Arm Of The Law At Arm's LengthMichele Galen
With the dizzying expansion of corporate criminal liability, it has never been easier for courts to punish companies for their own or their employees' misdeeds. That makes it critical for employers to protect themselves. "The time for companies to start thinking about this is now," says Washington lawyer Harvey L. Pitt, a former general counsel for the Securities & Exchange Commission.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing