Keeping The Long Arm Of The Law At Arm's LengthMichele Galen
With the dizzying expansion of corporate criminal liability, it has never been easier for courts to punish companies for their own or their employees' misdeeds. That makes it critical for employers to protect themselves. "The time for companies to start thinking about this is now," says Washington lawyer Harvey L. Pitt, a former general counsel for the Securities & Exchange Commission.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap