A Fast And Furious First QuarterJeffrey M. Laderman
Roger McNamee is in Fat City. He runs the T. Rowe Price Science & Technology Fund, which, as he puts it, "went ballistic" during the first quarter--up nearly 44%, the fourth-best return of 941 equity funds. The fund, which only had $61.5 million in assets at yearend, boomed on the surge in technology and small-capitalization stocks. And as that was happening, investors poured more than $60 million in new cash into the fund's coffers, hoping to ride along with a winner.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing