`She's Real Fine, My Graphite Iron 409'
Lowly, low-tech iron is shaping up nicely for the 21st centu ry, thank you. SinterCast Inc. in Auburn Hills, Mich., has come up with an iron-casting process that can slash the weight of items such as engine blocks by up to 35% and cut the cost by 10%--yet still allow them to keep their strength.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The U.S. Drops Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking
- Here’s What Trump’s Tariffs on U.S. Imports Are Doing to Markets
- Musk's New Pay Deal Could Make Him the World's Richest Man—If Tesla Succeeds
- Trump's Tariffs on Solar Mark Biggest Blow to Renewables Yet
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again