Pier 1 Imports May Soon Be Shipped OutBy
Daunting events have buffeted Pier 1 Imports: The recession, exacerbated by the gulf war, has depressed sales and slashed fiscal 1991 earnings. Management has had to roll back new-store openings and eliminate headquarters staff positions to curb costs. Even so, shares of this retailer have raced up more than 50% since December, from 4 3/4 to 7 3/4.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- World's Second-Tallest Building Opens With a Whimper After Delay
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations