Tired Of Disneyland? Take A Trip On The Wild SideDavid Woodruff
Fists pumping in the air, six of us stood in a circle on the sandy bank of the Rio Grande and chanted, "Umballa, Umballa, Umballa!" It was a bellowed incantation against the evil spirits of the river, which roared in the background. Then we wheeled around, hopped into our canoes, and paddled furiously down the throat of Hot Springs Rapids. Churning waves sloshed over gunwales. Adrenalin surged. And everyone came through upright.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting