Maytag: Will A Suitor Clean Up?By
This is hardly the time for Maytag's stock to be on the rise. The maker of such big-ticket items as clothes washers, dryers, and kitchen appliances, including the Magic Chef and Admiral lines, has been hit hard by recession and the housing slump. Plus, the gulf war has done little to lift consumer spending. Even so, Maytag's share price has climbed some 40%, to 14, since the beginning of the year.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day