With This Lifeguard, It's Sink Or SwimJoseph Weber
Many employees at insurer USF&G Corp. got their first glimpse of their new chairman by way of video. Talking into the camera in the somber tone of a father telling his children something distressing, Norman P. Blake Jr. said he would have preferred to meet employees in person, but time wouldn't allow it. "The financial condition of our company is weak," Blake told the 9,000 workers who could not be at Baltimore corporate headquarters in January to hear him. Later, he added a subtle warning: "There is no such thing in life as treading water. You're either sinking or you're swimming."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Why Are Critics Calling the $450 Million Painting Fake?