Buying Into A Big Time BrawlEvan I. Schwartz
When Computer Associates International acquired Applied Data Research and Cullinet Software in the late 1980s, it was more than just another step in Chairman Charles B. Wang's expansion plan. By taking over two leading makers of mainframe data-base programs, CA stepped up in class--from a specialist in esoteric software that manages the inner workings of mainframes to a supplier of the key software that cuts to the heart of most big businesses.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day