Americans Ditched Beer for Cocktails in 2016By
Americans are trading in their frosty brews in favor of cocktails. Liquor gained alcohol market share compared with beer for the seventh straight year in 2016, according to Distilled Spirits Council, a trade organization. Beer’s piece of the U.S. industry slipped to 47 percent -- down from 48 percent a year earlier -- while spirits inched up to 36 percent from 35 percent.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap