Bloomberg Anywhere Remote Login Bloomberg Terminal Demo Request


Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.


Financial Products

Enterprise Products


Customer Support

  • Americas

    +1 212 318 2000

  • Europe, Middle East, & Africa

    +44 20 7330 7500

  • Asia Pacific

    +65 6212 1000


Industry Products

Media Services

Follow Us

Last C$37.16 CAD
Change Today +1.71 / 4.82%
Volume 7.6M
SU On Other Exchanges
New York
As of 4:37 PM 10/8/15 All times are local (Market data is delayed by at least 15 minutes).

Transactions by SUNCOR ENERGY INC (SU) in the last 6 months

Announced 10/5/15
6.72B for Canadian Oil Sands Limited

Suncor Energy Inc. (TSX:SU) made an offer to acquire Canadian Oil Sands Limited (TSX:COS) from TD Asset Management, Inc. and others for approximately CAD 4 billion on October 5, 2015. Suncor Energy will issue 0.25 shares for each share held by Canadian Oil shareholders. The offer is being made to only holders of common shares and not to convertible shareholders such as options, restricted stock units etc. Suncor intends to delist the company. In case after 120 days of ...
Read More

SU's price was unchanged after the transaction was announced on 10/5/15.
Investor / Buyer
Suncor Energy Inc.
Creditor / Lender
TD Asset Management, Inc.
Financial Advisor
Royal Bank of Canada
Legal Advisor
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Announced 09/21/15
310.00M for Fort Hills Project

Suncor Energy Inc. (TSX:SU) entered into an agreement to acquire 10% interest in Fort Hills Project from Total E&P Canada Ltd. for CAD 310 million on September 21, 2015. The transaction also includes the transfer of a 10% interest in associated logistics in Alberta. As a result of transaction, Fort Hills Project will be 20% held by Teck Resources Limited, 50.8% held by Suncor Energy Inc. (TSX:SU) and 29.2% held by Total E&P Canada Ltd. Teck has agreed to waive its right ...
Read More

SU's price was unchanged after the transaction was announced on 09/21/15.
Investor / Buyer
Suncor Energy Inc.
Creditor / Lender
Total E&P Canada Ltd.
Announced 07/30/15
500.00M for Suncor Energy Inc.

Suncor Energy Inc. (TSX:SU) announces a share repurchase program. Under the program, the company will repurchase up to 43,375,481 common shares, representing 3% of the issued and outstanding common shares, for a total of CAD 500 million. The company will make repurchases through the facilities of the TSX, New York Stock Exchange and/or alternative trading platforms. All common shares acquired by company under the bid will be cancelled. The company believes that depending ...
Read More

SU's price was unchanged after the transaction was announced on 07/30/15.
Announced 07/7/15
Suncor Energy Inc., 20 MW Kent Breeze Ontario and 51% of 88 MW Wintering Hills Facility Alberta

TransAlta Corp. (TSX:TA) agreed to acquire 20 MW Kent Breeze Ontario and 51% of 88 MW Wintering Hills facility Alberta from Suncor Energy Inc. (TSX:SU) on July 7, 2015. Under this agreement TransAlta Corporation to exchange Suncor's Kent Breeze and its share of the Wintering Hills wind power facilities for TransAlta's Poplar Creek cogeneration facilities. As part of the agreement, Suncor will acquire two steam turbine generators, transmission and distribution infrastructure, ...
Read More

SU's price was unchanged after the transaction was announced on 07/7/15.
Investor / Buyer
TransAlta Corp.
Creditor / Lender
Suncor Energy Inc.

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup
Recently Viewed
SU:CN C$37.16 CAD +1.71

SU Competitors

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Last Change
Anadarko Petroleum Corp $72.33 USD +3.19
BG Group PLC 1,083 GBp +0.50
Canadian Natural Resources Ltd C$32.17 CAD +0.94
Enbridge Inc C$55.85 CAD -0.04
Imperial Oil Ltd C$45.24 CAD +1.39
View Industry Companies

Industry Analysis


Industry Average

Valuation SU Industry Range
Price/Earnings 34.5x
Price/Sales 1.4x
Price/Book 1.1x
Price/Cash Flow 8.1x
TEV/Sales 0.8x

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Report Data Issue

To contact SUNCOR ENERGY INC, please visit . Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at