Visualant, Inc. designs ChromaID Scanner devices made with electronic, optical, and software parts to produce and capture the light. ChromaID Technology The company’s first product, the ChromaID Lab Kit, scans and identifies solid surfaces. The company is marketing this product to customers who are considering licensing the technology. Target markets include, but are not limited to, commercial paint manufacturers; pharmaceutical equipment manufacturers; process control companies; currency paper and ink manufacturers; security card, reader, and scanner manufacturers; food processing companies; electronic gaming; and various others. The company’s wholly owned subsidiary, TransTech Systems, Inc. (TransTech), is a distributor of products, including systems solutions, components, and consumables, for employee and government identification, document authentication, access control, and radio frequency identification. TransTech provides these products and services, along with marketing and business development assistance to a growing channel of value-added resellers and system integrators throughout North America. ID Systems and Components: The company provides ID personalization systems to the security industry. These systems include components, such as ID cards, printers, software, supplies, data collection devices, document scanners, photo capture products, document authentication devices, and signature capture products. Logical and Physical Access Control: The company offers logical access readers used for logging onto computer networks and VPNs; physical access control readers used to gain access into buildings or secure areas; software, such as visitor management and temporary card solutions; and additional applications outside of security. Radio Frequency Identification and Tracking: These products include RF scanner, readers, cards, tags, labels, tracking software, and even video surveillance cameras to tie video clips of the asset or article movement to the personnel using them or to record other events surrounding asset and article movement. Kiosk Printers for the Self Service Industry: TransTech provides Kiosk card printers. The mechanical functions of the printers are the same as a standard desktop card printer and do not have the fancy housing. Customers and Markets The company serves approximately 400 resellers and national accounts in the United States. TransTech’s focus is on its reseller channel. Approximately 90% of sales are through the reseller channel and government prime vendors. The remaining approximately 10% is direct to end users. The primary use of TransTech products is for security applications. These fit within many verticals, including but not limited to, commercial industries, manufacturing, distribution, transportation, government, health care, education, and entertainment. Suppliers TransTech’s major suppliers include Evolis, Fargo, Magicard, and NiSCA. Dispositions In September 2014, the company sold its 51% controlling interest in IDVAL. Research and Development The company’s research and development expenses were $670,742 for the year ended September 30, 2014. History Visualant, Inc. was incorporated under the laws of the state of Nevada in 1998.
visualant inc (VSUL:OTC US)
500 Union Street
Seattle, WA 98101
|Price/Cash Flow||NM||Not Meaningful|
Sponsored Financial Commentaries
To contact VISUALANT INC, please visit www.visualant.net. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.