ThyssenKrupp AG (the company) is engaged in steel, capital goods, and services sectors worldwide. The company’s operating activities are grouped in six segments - Steel, Automotive, Elevator, Technologies, Materials and Services. Steel Products in its steel segment include carbon steel, including hot strip, sheet/coated products, plate, medium strip/special profiles, tailored blanks, construction elements, steel service, and tinplate; stainless steel, including cold-rolled strip/precision strip, nickel-base alloys, hot-rolled strip, processing, and titanium; and special services, such as electrical steel, stainless long products, and nonferrous metal wire. The company’s concentrates on high-quality carbon and stainless flat-rolled steels. Both the company’s Carbon Steel and Stainless Steel business units are focused on the manufacture of Steel activities specialize in flat- flat-rolled products (sheet and strip) which are in high demand in the automotive, engineering rolled products. The company’s third business unit is Special Materials. Stainless Steel also produces other high-performance materials - primarily nickel- and cobalt-base alloys - and processes them into strip, sheet, rod and wire. These materials are used to meet demanding requirements in the chemical, petrochemical, energy, environmental, electronics, auto and aerospace sectors. Electrical steel from the company’s Special Materials business unit is in demand for applications which reduce the environmental impact of producing and utilizing energy. Special Materials also supplied electrical steel strip for the stator propulsion system of the Transrapid magnetic train. The business unit additionally manufactures high-quality specialty steel long products as well as nonferrous metal wire. Automotive The company’s automotive segment manufactures carbody components; and engine parts, such as crankshafts and assembled camshafts, as well as adjustable steering columns and steering systems. It also supplies airspring and suspension systems, axles, and complete chassis systems. Body: The unit produces body outer skin parts such as doors, engine hoods and side panels. It also manufactures a full range of structural components through to full frames. ThyssenKrupp Automotive is closely integrated in the development process and in cooperation with the automobile companies helps create new solutions in design and technology. Powertrain: Steering columns, crankshafts, camshafts and precision forgings are the unit's main product lines. Full-vehicle capability: At the beginning of the year, the Automotive segment acquired a 10% interest in Valmet Automotive in Finland with an option to purchase the remaining 90% at a later date. Valmet Automotive is a competent and experienced manufacturer of complete niche vehicles. With the investment in Valmet and the associated cooperation, ThyssenKrupp significantly expanded its full-vehicle capability. Elevator The Elevator segment is at home on all five continents. Almost 90% of the segment's sales are generated outside Germany. Its brand stands for outstanding product quality and innovative technology, solidity and reliability, as well as first-rate, customer-focused service. The company produces, sells and services elevators, escalators, moving walks, passenger boarding bridges and stair and platform lifts through- out the world. The segment's business is mainly organized on a regional basis, with only the passenger boarding bridges and stair/platform lift activities being managed centrally. In the escalator business, the company’s new "e-escalator" range, featuring a completely new data transmission system, has proved successful on the market. Operating data gathered by an internal computer can be accessed immediately by customers and service engineers. Technologies The company’s technologies segment is organized in four business units: production systems, plant technology, marine, and mechanical engineering. Production systems offers machinery, equipment, and systems in the field of metal cutting, autobody manufacturing systems, and assembly plant used by customers in the automotive
thyssenkrupp ag (TKA:Xetra)
ThyssenKrupp Allee 1
Phone: 49 201 8440
Fax: 49 201 844 536000www.thyssenkrupp.com
The information and data displayed in this profile are created and managed by S&P Global Market Intelligence, a division of S&P Global. Bloomberg.com does not create or control the content.
|No competitor information is available for TKA.|
|View Industry Companies|
Sponsored Financial Commentaries
To contact THYSSENKRUPP AG, please visit www.thyssenkrupp.com. Company data is provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Please use this form to report any data issues.