Molson Coors Brewing Company manufactures, markets, and sells beer and other beverage products in Canada, the United States (U.S.), and Europe. Segments The company’s segments include Molson Coors Canada (Canada segment), operating in Canada; MillerCoors LLC (MillerCoors segment), operating in the U.S.; Molson Coors Europe (Europe segment), operating in Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Montenegro, the Republic of Ireland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and the United Kingdom (U.K.); and Molson Coors International (MCI), operating in various other countries. Canada segment This segment brews, markets, sells and distributes various beer brands nationally. Its portfolio has brands in all major product and price segments. The company’s focus and investment is on Canada core brands, primarily Coors Light and Molson Canadian, as well as other key owned brands, including Coors Banquet, Creemore Springs, Granville Island, Molson Dry, Molson Export, Pilsner and Rickard's; and strategic distribution partnerships, including those with Heineken N.V. (Heineken). This segment also includes its partnership arrangements related to the distribution of beer in Ontario, Brewers' Retail Inc., and in the Western provinces, Brewers' Distributor Ltd. Sales and Distribution In 2015, approximately 19% of the Canada segment’s beer volume was sold on-premise in bars and restaurants; and the other 81% was sold off-premise in convenience stores, grocery stores, liquor stores and other retail outlets. Seasonality Weather conditions consisting of high temperatures and extended periods of warm weather favor increased consumption of the company’s products, while unseasonably cool or wet weather, especially during the summer months, adversely affects its sales volumes and net sales. Accordingly, consumption of beer in Canada is seasonal, with approximately 40% of industry sales volume typically occurring during the warmer months from May through August. MillerCoors segment This segment consists of MillerCoors. MillerCoors is a joint venture between the company and SABMiller plc (SABMiller). MillerCoors has an agreement to brew, package, and ship products for Pabst Brewing Company through June 2020. Additionally, MillerCoors produces beer under contract for the company’s Canada and MCI segments and for SABMiller. Sales and Distribution In 2015, approximately 17% of MillerCoors' beer volume was sold on-premise in bars and restaurants, and the other 83% was sold off-premise in convenience stores, grocery stores, liquor stores and other retail outlets. MillerCoors wholly owns one distributorship, which handled less than 1% of its total volume in 2015. Seasonality Weather conditions consisting of high temperatures and extended periods of warm weather favor increased consumption of the company's products, while unseasonably cool or wet weather, primarily during the summer months, adversely affects its sales volumes and net sales. Accordingly, consumption of beer in the U.S. is seasonal, with approximately 37% of industry sales volume occurring during the warmer months from May through August. Regulation To operate their facilities, MillerCoors must obtain and maintain various permits, licenses, and approvals from various governmental agencies, including the U.S. Treasury Department; Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau; the U.S. Department of Agriculture; the U.S. Food and Drug Administration; state alcohol regulatory agencies; and state and federal environmental agencies. Competition This segment competes directly with Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV (ABI) brands. Europe segment The majority of this segment’s sales are in the U.K., Croatia, Czech Republic and Romania. The company’s portfolio includes beers that have the share in their respective countries, such as Carling in the U.K., Jelen in Serbia, Ozujsko in Croatia, Kamenitza in Bulgaria and Niksicko in Montenegro. The company also brews and distributes Beck's, Lowenbrau, Spaten and Stella Artois under license agreements with ABI companies, and beginning in January 2015, the company distributes Corona Extra and other M
molson coors brewing co -a
1801 California Street
Denver, CO 80202
|No competitor information is available for TAP/A.|
|View Industry Companies|
Sponsored Financial Commentaries
To contact MOLSON COORS BREWING CO -A, please visit www.molsoncoors.com. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.