Skyworks Solutions, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, manufactures and markets proprietary semiconductor products, including intellectual property. The company’s analog semiconductors are connecting people, places, and things, spanning various new and previously unimagined applications within the automotive, broadband, cellular infrastructure, connected home, industrial, medical, military, smartphone, tablet and wearable markets. In 2014, the company entered into a joint venture with Panasonic Corporation, through its Automotive & Industrial Systems Company (Panasonic) for the design, manufacture and sale of Panasonic’s surface acoustic wave (SAW) and temperature-compensated SAW filter products. The company owns a controlling 66% interest in the joint venture and has the option to acquire the remaining 34% interest in August 2016, which the company plans to exercise. Product Portfolio The company’s product portfolio consists of various solutions, such as: Amplifiers: The modules that strengthen the signal so that it has sufficient energy to reach a base station. Attenuators: Circuits that allow a known source of power to be reduced by a predetermined factor (usually expressed as decibels). Circulators/Isolators: Ferrite-based components commonly found on the output of high-power amplifiers used to protect receivers in wireless transmission systems. DC/DC Converters: An electronic circuit, which converts a source of direct current from one voltage level to another. Demodulators: A device or an RF block used in receivers to extract the information that has been modulated onto a carrier or from the carrier itself. Detectors: Devices used to measure and control RF power in wireless systems. Diodes: Semiconductor devices that pass current in one direction only. Directional Couplers: Transmission coupling devices for separately sampling the forward or backward wave in a transmission line. Diversity Receive Modules: Devices used to improve receiver sensitivity in high data rate long term evolution applications. Filters: Devices for recovering and separating mixed and modulated data in RF stages. Front-End Modules: Power amplifiers that are integrated with switches, duplexers, filters and other components to create a single package front-end solution. Hybrid: A type of directional coupler used in radio and telecommunications. Light Emitting Diode Drivers: Devices, which regulate the current through a light emitting diode or string of diodes for the purpose of creating light. Low Noise Amplifiers: Devices used to reduce system noise figure in the receive chain. Mixers: Devices that enable signals to be converted to a higher or lower frequency signal and thereby allowing the signals to be processed. Modulators: Devices that take a baseband input signal and output a radio frequency modulated signal. Optocouplers/Optoisolators: Semiconductor devices that allow signals to be transferred between circuits or systems while ensuring that the circuits or systems are electrically isolated from each other. Phase Locked Loops: Closed-loop feedback control system that maintains a generated signal in a fixed phase relationship to a reference signal. Phase Shifters: Designed for use in power amplifier distortion compensation circuits in base station applications. Power Dividers/Combiners: Utilized to equally split signals into in-phase signals as often found in balanced signal chains and local oscillator distribution networks. Receivers: Electronic devices that change a radio signal from a transmitter into useful information. Switches: Components that perform the change between the transmit and receive function, as well as the band function for cellular handsets. Synthesizers: Devices that provide ultra-fine frequency resolution, fast switching speed, and low phase-noise performance. Technical Ceramics: Polycrystalline oxide materials used for various electrical, mechanical, thermal and magnetic applications. Voltage Regulators: Generate a fixed level, which remains constant over varying input voltage or load conditions. VCOs/Synthesi
skyworks solutions inc (SWKS:NASDAQ GS)
20 Sylvan Road
Woburn, MA 01801
The information and data displayed in this profile are created and managed by S&P Global Market Intelligence, a division of S&P Global. Bloomberg.com does not create or control the content.
|No competitor information is available for SWKS.|
|View Industry Companies|
Sponsored Financial Commentaries
To contact SKYWORKS SOLUTIONS INC, please visit www.skyworksinc.com. Company data is provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Please use this form to report any data issues.