SSI On Other Exchanges
New York
text size: T | T
Back to Snapshot
Company Description

Contact Info

2425 West Loop South

Houston, TX 77027

United States

Phone: 800-579-2302


Stage Stores, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates specialty department stores primarily in small and mid-sized towns and communities. As of January 30, 2016, the company operated 834 specialty department stores in 39 states under the BEALLS, GOODY'S, PALAIS ROYAL, PEEBLES and STAGE nameplates and a direct-to-consumer business. Direct-to-Consumer The company’s direct-to-consumer business consists of its e-commerce Website and Send program. The company’s e-commerce Website features an assortment of the merchandise categories found in its stores, as well as additional product offerings. The company’s in-store Send program allows customers to have merchandise shipped directly to their homes if the preferred size or color is not available in their local store. Merchandising The company offers a selection of moderately priced, branded merchandise within merchandise categories, such as women's, men's and children's apparel, as well as accessories, cosmetics, footwear and home goods. Approximately 84% of sales consist of nationally recognized brands, such as Levi Strauss, Nike, Calvin Klein, Chaps, Izod, Dockers, Carters, Nine West, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Nautica, Skechers and Adidas, while the remaining 16% of sales are private label merchandise. The company’s private label portfolio brands are developed and sourced through agreements with third party vendors. The company is also focused on improving its cosmetics business. During 2015, the company installed Clinique and Estee Lauder counters in approximately 30 stores, bringing its total number of stores with cosmetic counters to approximately 330. The company distributes all merchandise to its stores through distribution centers located in Jacksonville, Texas, South Hill, Virginia and Jeffersonville, Ohio. The company’s primary target customers are style and value savvy women over the age of 35 who are married, employed full time and have an average household income of $55,000. The company’s principal trademarks, including the BEALLS, GOODY'S, PALAIS ROYAL, PEEBLES and STAGE trademarks, have been registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Seasonality The company’s business is seasonal and sales are traditionally lower during the first three quarters of the fiscal year (February through October) and higher during the last quarter of the fiscal year (November through January). The fourth quarter usually accounts for approximately 30% of the company’s annual sales, with each of the other quarters accounting for approximately 22% to 24%. Working capital requirements fluctuate during the year as well and generally reach their highest levels during the third and fourth quarters. History Stage Stores, Inc. was founded in 1988.


The information and data displayed in this profile are created and managed by S&P Global Market Intelligence, a division of S&P Global. does not create or control the content.

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

SSI Competitors

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Last Change
No competitor information is available for SSI.
View Industry Companies

Industry Analysis


Industry Average

Valuation SSI Industry Range
Price/Earnings NM Not Meaningful
Price/Sales 0.1x
Price/Book 0.3x
Price/Cash Flow NM Not Meaningful
TEV/Sales NM Not Meaningful

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Request Profile Update

Only a company representative may request an update for the company profile. Documentation will be required.

To contact STAGE STORES INC, please visit Company data is provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at