enes thought leaders from business, academia and government to discuss topics ranging from education to sustainability to the luxury business. Digital archive distribution licenses electronic archive databases to resellers of that information in the business, professional and library markets. Forest Products Investments The company has non-controlling ownership interests primarily in one newsprint company and one mill producing supercalendered paper, a polished paper used in some magazines, catalogs and preprinted inserts, which is a higher-value grade than newsprint. The company has a 49% equity interest in Donohue Malbaie Inc. (Malbaie), a Canadian newsprint company. The other 51% is owned by Resolute FP Canada Inc., a subsidiary of Resolute Forest Products Inc. (Resolute), a Delaware corporation. Resolute is a global manufacturer of paper, market pulp and wood products. Malbaie manufactures newsprint on the paper machine it owns within Resolute’s paper mill in Clermont, Quebec. In 2014, Malbaie produced approximately 214,000 metric tons of newsprint, of which approximately 11% was sold to the company, with the balance sold to Resolute for resale. The company has a 40% equity interest in Madison Paper Industries (Madison), a partnership operating a supercalendered paper mill in Madison, Maine. The company and UPM-Kymmene Corporation, a Finnish paper manufacturing company, are partners through subsidiary companies in Madison. The company’s percentage ownership is through an 80%-owned consolidated subsidiary. UPM-Kymmene Corporation owns 60% of Madison, including a 10% interest through a 20% noncontrolling interest in the consolidated subsidiary of the company. Madison purchases the majority of its wood from local suppliers, mostly under long-term contracts. In 2014, Madison produced approximately 190,000 metric tons of supercalendered paper, of which approximately 4% was sold to the company. Regulations Malbaie and Madison are subject to comprehensive environmental protection laws, regulations and orders of provincial, federal, state and local authorities of Canada and the United States. The Environmental Laws impose effluent and emission limitations and require Malbaie and Madison to obtain, and operate in compliance with the conditions of, permits and other governmental authorizations (Governmental Authorizations). Malbaie and Madison follow policies and operate monitoring programs designed to ensure compliance with applicable Environmental Laws and Governmental Authorizations and to minimize exposure to environmental liabilities. Competition The Times newspaper competes for print advertising and circulation primarily with national newspapers, such as The Wall Street Journal and USA Today; newspapers of general circulation in New York City and its suburbs; other daily and weekly newspapers and television stations and networks in markets in which The Times circulates; and some national news and lifestyle magazines. INYT newspaper’s key competitors include all international sources of English-language news, including The Wall Street Journal’s European and Asian Editions, the Financial Times, Time, Bloomberg Business Week and The Economist. The company’s Websites most directly compete for traffic and readership with other news and information Websites and mobile applications. NYTimes.com faces competition from sources, such as WSJ.com, Google News, Yahoo! News, huffingtonpost.com, MSNBC and CNN.com. Internationally, international.nytimes.com competes against international online sources of English-language news, including bbc.co.uk, guardian.co.uk, ft.com, huffingtonpost.com and reuters.com. History The New York Times Company was founded in 1896. The company was incorporated in 1896 under the laws of the state of New York.
new york times co-a (NYT:Frankfurt)
620 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10018
|Deluxe Corp||$52.52 USD||+0.46|
|Pandora Media Inc||$8.40 USD||+0.43|
|Scholastic Corp||$33.54 USD||+0.07|
|EW Scripps Co/The||$16.46 USD||+0.19|
|UBM PLC||493.70 GBp||+9.40|
|View Industry Companies|
Sponsored Financial Commentaries
To contact NEW YORK TIMES CO-A, please visit www.nytco.com. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.