Bloomberg the Company & Products

Bloomberg Anywhere Login

Bloomberg

Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.

Company

Financial Products

Enterprise Products

Media

Customer Support

  • Americas

    +1 212 318 2000

  • Europe, Middle East, & Africa

    +44 20 7330 7500

  • Asia Pacific

    +65 6212 1000

Communications

Industry Products

Media Services

Follow Us


Last €67.88 EUR
Change Today +1.28 / 1.93%
Volume 50.0
As of 9:44 AM 05/28/15 All times are local (Market data is delayed by at least 15 minutes).
text size: T | T
Back to Snapshot
Company Description

Contact Info

1225 17th Street

Suite 3200

Denver, CO 80202

United States

Phone: 303-927-2337

Fax:

Molson Coors Brewing Company manufactures, markets, and sells beer and other beverage products in Canada, the United States (U.S.), and Europe. Segments The company’s segments include Molson Coors Canada (MCC or Canada segment), operating in Canada; MillerCoors LLC (MillerCoors or U.S. segment), operating in the U.S.; Molson Coors Europe (Europe segment), operating in Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Montenegro, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, and the United Kingdom (U.K.); and Molson Coors International (MCI), operating in various other countries. Canada This segment brews, markets, sells, and distributes various beer brands nationally. The company’s portfolio has major brands in all major product and price segments. Its focus and investment is on Canada core brands, primarily Coors Light and Molson Canadian, as well as other key owned brands, including Carling, Coors Banquet, Creemore Springs, Granville Island, Molson Dry, Molson Export, Pilsner, and Rickard's; and strategic distribution partnerships, including those with Heineken N.V. (Heineken). This segment also includes the company’s partnership arrangements related to the distribution of beer in Ontario, Brewers' Retail Inc. (BRI), and in the Western provinces, Brewers' Distributor Ltd. (BDL). BRI is owned by MCC, Labatt Breweries of Canada LP (a subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV (ABI)), and Sleeman Breweries Ltd. (a subsidiary of Sapporo International); and BDL is jointly owned by MCC and Labatt Breweries of Canada LP. The company has an agreement with North American Breweries, Inc. to brew, package, and ship Labatt trademark brands to the U.S. market through 2020. It also has an agreement with Asahi Breweries, Ltd. to brew and package Asahi Super Dry and Asahi Select to the U.S. market through early 2017. Sales and Distribution: In 2014, approximately 18% of this segment’s beer volume was sold on-premise in bars and restaurants; and the other 82% was sold off-premise in convenience stores, grocery stores, liquor stores, and other retail outlets. Seasonality: Weather conditions consisting of high temperatures and extended periods of warm weather favor increased consumption of the company's products, while unseasonably cool or wet weather, primarily during the summer months, adversely affects the company’s sales volumes and net sales. Accordingly, consumption of beer in Canada is seasonal, with approximately 40% of industry sales volume occurring during the warmer months from May through August. U.S. This segment consists of MillerCoors. MillerCoors is a joint venture between the company and SABMiller plc (SABMiller). MillerCoors has an agreement to brew, package, and ship products for Pabst Brewing Company through June 2020. Additionally, MillerCoors produces beer under contract for the company’s Canada and MCI segments and for SABMiller. Sales and Distribution: In 2014, approximately 17% of MillerCoors' beer volume was sold on-premise in bars and restaurants, and the other 83% was sold off-premise in convenience stores, grocery stores, liquor stores, and other retail outlets. Seasonality: Weather conditions consisting of high temperatures and extended periods of warm weather favor increased consumption of the company's products, while unseasonably cool or wet weather, primarily during the summer months, adversely affects its sales volumes and net sales. Accordingly, consumption of beer in the U.S. is seasonal, with approximately 38% of industry sales volume occurring during the warmer months from May through August. Regulation: To operate their facilities, MillerCoors must obtain and maintain various permits, licenses, and approvals from various governmental agencies, including the U.S. Treasury Department; Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau; the U.S. Department of Agriculture; the U.S. Food and Drug Administration; state alcohol regulatory agencies; and state and federal environmental agencies. Competition: MillerCoors competes directly with ABI brands. Europe The majority of this segment’s sales are in the U.K., Croatia, and the Czech Republic. The co

 

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup
Recently Viewed
NY7:GR €67.88 EUR +1.28

NY7 Competitors

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Last Change
Brown-Forman Corp $94.34 USD +0.39
Keurig Green Mountain Inc $88.82 USD +0.15
JM Smucker Co/The $119.54 USD -0.36
WhiteWave Foods Co/The $48.93 USD -0.22
Tsingtao Brewery Co Ltd CNY50.16 CNY -3.29
View Industry Companies
 

Industry Analysis

NY7

Industry Average

Valuation NY7 Industry Range
Price/Earnings 32.1x
Price/Sales 3.4x
Price/Book 1.9x
Price/Cash Flow 25.3x
TEV/Sales 2.1x
 | 

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Report Data Issue

To contact MOLSON COORS BREWING CO -B, please visit www.molsoncoors.com. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.