and mortar booksellers, wholesale clubs and discount stores, including Amazon, Apple, Barnes & Noble, and Tesco. Revenues at the Book Publishing segment are affected by the timing of releases and the number of HarperCollins’ books in the marketplace, and are typically highest during the company’s second fiscal quarter due to increased demand during the end-of-year holiday season in its main operating geographies. Competition HarperCollins competes with other major publishers, such as Penguin Random House, Simon & Schuster, and Hachette Livre. Digital Real Estate Services segment This segment consists of its 61.6% interest in REA Group Limited (REA Group) and its 80% interest in Move, Inc. (Move). The remaining 20% interest in Move is held by REA Group. This segment also includes DIAKRIT International Limited (DIAKRIT), a digital visualization solutions company that enables homeowners to see the potential in their future living environment, while also helping agents and developers generate more buyer inquiries and accelerate their property sales processes. REA Group REA Group advertises property and property-related services on Websites and mobile applications across Australia, Europe and Asia. REA Group’s Australian operations include realestate.com.au and realcommercial.com.au, Australia’s major residential and commercial property Websites, as well as its media and property-related services businesses, serving the display media market and markets adjacent to property, respectively. Realestate.com.au and realcommercial.com.au together had approximately 45 million average monthly visits for the year ended June 30, 2016. Realestate.com.au offers a product hierarchy, which enables real estate agents and property developers to upgrade listing advertisements to increase their prominence on the site, as well as various targeted products, including media display advertising products. Realcommercial.com.au generates revenue through three main sources, such as agent subscriptions, agent branding and listing products. The media business offers advertising opportunities on both realestate.com.au and realcommercial.com.au, as well as native advertisement placements. Revenue from this business is generated primarily from agents and commercial developers. REA Group’s international operations include property sites in Asia and Europe. In Asia, REA Group increased its interest in iProperty Group Limited (iProperty) to 86.9% in February 2016. iProperty operates primary property sites throughout Southeast Asia, including Malaysia and Hong Kong; and major portals in Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia. The combined sites for iProperty had approximately 7.4 million average monthly visits for the year ended June 30, 2016. REA Group also operates a Chinese site, myfun.com, which supports REA Group’s businesses in other geographical markets by showcasing residential property listings to Chinese buyers and investors, and delivers leads to agents. In Europe, REA Group operates sites in Italy (casa.it) and in Luxembourg and regions of France (atHome.lu, atHome.de, immoRegion.fr and atOffice.lu). Competition REA Group competes primarily with other property Websites in its geographic markets, including domain.com.au in Australia. Move Move is a major provider of online real estate services in the U.S. Move primarily operates realtor.com, a premier real estate information and services marketplace, under a perpetual agreement and trademark license with the National Association of Realtors. Through realtor.com, consumers have access to approximately 100 million properties across the U.S., including the most complete collection of homes and properties listed with Multiple Listing Services (MLS) and displayed for sale among the competing national online portals and a database of ‘off-market’ properties. Realtor.com and its related mobile applications display approximately 98% of all MLS-listed, for-sale properties in the U.S., which are primarily sourced directly from relationships with MLSs across the country. realtor.com and its mobile sites had 53 million average monthly users during the quarter ended June 30, 201
news corp - class b (NWS:NASDAQ GS)
1211 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
The information and data displayed in this profile are created and managed by S&P Global Market Intelligence, a division of S&P Global. Bloomberg.com does not create or control the content.
|No competitor information is available for NWS.|
|View Industry Companies|
Sponsored Financial Commentaries
To contact NEWS CORP - CLASS B, please visit newscorp.com. Company data is provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Please use this form to report any data issues.