Newmont Mining Corporation engages in the exploration and production of gold and copper in the United States, Australia, Peru, Indonesia, Ghana, New Zealand, Mexico, and Suriname. The company is also engaged in the production of copper, principally through Batu Hijau in Indonesia and Boddington in Australia. Segments North America The North America segment consists primarily of Nevada in the United States and La Herradura in Mexico. North America Nevada, USA: Nevada operations include Carlin. The company also participates in the Turquoise Ridge joint venture with a subsidiary of Barrick Gold Corporation (Barrick), which utilizes mill capacity at Twin Creeks. On February 11, 2014, the sale of the company’s Midas Operations to Klondex Mines, Ltd was completed. Gold production from Nevada was approximately 1.8 million ounces for 2013 with ore mined from nine open pit and seven underground mines. The company owns, or controls through long-term mining leases and unpatented mining claims. It has a 25% interest in a joint venture with Barrick in the Turquoise Ridge mine. Mexico: The company has a 44% interest in the La Herradura joint venture and related gold properties (La Herradura, Soledad-Dipolos and Noche Buena), which are located in the Sonora desert. La Herradura produced 183,000 attributable ounces of gold in 2013. South America The South America segment consists primarily of Yanacocha and Conga in Peru. The properties of Minera Yanacocha S.R.L. (MYSRL) include operations at Yanacocha and the Conga project. The company holds a 51.35% interest in MYSRL with the remaining interests held by Compañia de Minas Buenaventura, S.A.A. (Buenaventura) (43.65%) and the International Finance Corporation (5%). Yanacocha, Peru: Yanacocha is located approximately 375 miles (604 kilometers) north of Lima and 30 miles (48 kilometers) north of the city of Cajamarca. Yanacocha has active open pit mines at Cerro Yanacocha, La Quinua Sur, Chaquicocha, Maqui Maqui, Carachugo, Tapado Oeste, Marleny, and Cerro Negro. Yanacocha has four leach pads, three processing facilities, and one mill. Yanacocha’s gold production for 2013 was 1.0 million ounces (523,000 attributable ounces). Conga, Peru La Zanja, Peru: The company holds a 46.94% interest in La Zanja, a gold mine near the city of Cajamarca. It reports La Zanja ounces on an attributable basis. La Zanja produced 65,000 attributable gold ounces in 2013. Merian, Suriname: As of December 31, 2013, the company held an 80% interest in the Merian project in Suriname. On February 19, 2014, the company completed the acquisition of the remaining 20% noncontrolling interest in the project. Australia/New Zealand The Australia/New Zealand segment consists primarily of Boddington in Australia and other smaller operations in Australia and New Zealand. Boddington: Boddington (100% owned) is located 81 miles (130 kilometers) southeast of Perth in Western Australia. Boddington produced 704,000 ounces of gold and 66 million pounds of copper in 2013. Kalgoorlie: Kalgoorlie (50% owned) comprises the Fimiston open pit (commonly referred to as the Super Pit) and Mt. Charlotte underground mine at Kalgoorlie-Boulder, 373 miles (600 kilometers) east of Perth in Western Australia. The mines are managed by Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd for the joint venture owners, Newmont and Barrick. During 2013, Kalgoorlie produced 332,000 attributable ounces of gold. Jundee: Jundee (100% owned) is situated approximately 435 miles (700 kilometers) northeast of Perth in Western Australia. The company mined ore solely from underground sources in 2013, with mill feed supplemented from oxide stockpiles for blending purposes. Jundee produced 279,000 ounces of gold in 2013. Tanami: Tanami (100% owned) includes the Granites treatment plant and associated mining operations, which are located in the Northern Territory. During 2013, the Tanami operations produced 323,000 ounces of gold. Waihi, New Zealand: Waihi (100% owned) is located within the town of Waihi, approximately 94 miles (150 kilometers) southeast of Auckland and consists of the Trio underground deposit and th
newmont mining corp (NMM:Xetra)
6363 South Fiddler's Green Circle
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
|View Industry Companies|
Sponsored Financial Commentaries
To contact NEWMONT MINING CORP, please visit www.newmont.com. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.