Bloomberg the Company & Products

Bloomberg Anywhere Login

Bloomberg

Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.

Company

Financial Products

Enterprise Products

Media

Customer Support

  • Americas

    +1 212 318 2000

  • Europe, Middle East, & Africa

    +44 20 7330 7500

  • Asia Pacific

    +65 6212 1000

Communications

Industry Products

Media Services

Follow Us


Last C$2.96 CAD
Change Today +0.01 / 0.34%
Volume 4.0M
As of 4:00 PM 03/27/15 All times are local (Market data is delayed by at least 15 minutes).
text size: T | T
Back to Snapshot
Company Description

Contact Info

25 York Street

17th Floor

Toronto, ON M5J 2V5

Canada

Phone: 416-365-5123

Fax: 416-363-6622

tares in the immediate mine area, through ownership of patented mining claims, and has access to an additional 5,300 hectares of mineral rights surrounding the mine through ownership or lease of unpatented mining claims, state mineral prospecting leases, and private mineral leases. Lobo-Marte, Chile The Lobo-Marte project is owned by Minera Lobo Marte Limitada, a Chilean company, which is 100% owned by Kinross. The company holds a 100% interest in the Lobo-Marte project, having acquired a 40% interest in the project from Anglo American Plc (Anglo) in 2008, and the remaining 60% interest from Teck Cominco Limited (Teck) in 2009. The Lobo-Marte project comprises 2 open-pit minable gold ore deposits, located approximately 7 kilometres apart, in Region III of Northern Chile, approximately 650 kilometres north of Santiago and 100 kilometres east of Copiapó. The project lies approximately 65 kilometres south of Kinross’ La Coipa operation and 60 kilometres north of the Maricunga mine. The Lobo-Marte project includes 102 concessions that are either granted (36) or in the process of receiving a final registered grant (66) covering a total of 44,414 hectares in a single contiguous block. Cerro Casale, Chile The company holds a 25% interest in the Cerro Casale project that is located in the Maricunga District of Region III of northern Chile. The Cerro Casale project is owned by Compañía Minera Casale (CMC), a contractual mining company formed under the laws of the Republic of Chile. CMC owns 340 claim groups containing 11,799 exploitation claims and totalling 66,095 hectares. Some of these claims partially overlap, reducing the actual ground covered by all patented mining claims to an area of 65,675 hectares. Maricunga, Chile The Maricunga heap leach mine is owned and operated by Compañía Minera Maricunga (CMM), a Chilean company that is 100%-owned by Kinross. The Maricunga property is located in the Maricunga District of the Region III of Chile, 120 kilometres east of the town of Copiapó. Mining claims total 6,770 hectares, while the exploration properties held by CMM include 2,100 hectares. Chirano, Ghana The company acquired the Chirano gold mine as part of acquisition of Red Back. Chirano Gold Mines Limited (CGML) is 90% owned by Kinross with the remaining 10% owned as a carried interest by the Government of Ghana. During 2013, approximately 100 holes for approximately 40,000 metres were completed at Chirano and district targets. Dvoinoye, Russian Federation The company owns a 100% interest in the Dvoinoye mine. The Dvoinoye mine is owned and operated by Northern Gold LLC, a 100%-owned subsidiary of Kinross. The ore is processed at the Kupol mill owned by CMGC. The Dvoinoye gold mine is a high grade epithermal gold deposit located approximately 100 kilometres north of Kinross’ Kupol operation within the remote, undeveloped, mountainous area of the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug in Far East Russia. The Dvoinoye mine includes two concessions. The Vodorazdelnaya licence is a combined reconnaissance and mining claim. It covers a total area of 922.2 square kilometers. The Dvoinoye exploration and mining licence, which covers an area of 5.76 square kilometers including mine operations and associated facilities, is located within the Vodorazdelnaya licence. Strategy The company’s strategy is to increase shareholder value through increases in precious metal reserves, net asset value, production, long-term cash flow and earnings per share. Its strategy also consists of optimizing the performance, and therefore, the value, of existing operations, investing in quality exploration and development projects and acquiring new potentially accretive properties and projects. Environmental Laws The company’s exploration activities and mining and processing operations are subject to the federal, state, provincial, regional and local environmental laws and regulations in the jurisdictions in which its activities and facilities are located. In the United States, the company is subject to laws and regulations, including the Clean Air Act; the Clean Water Act; the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Comp

 

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup
Recently Viewed
K:CN C$2.96 CAD +0.01

K Competitors

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Last Change
Acacia Mining PLC 261.20 GBp -3.60
Cia de Minas Buenaventura SAA S/.32.05 PEN 0.00
New Gold Inc C$4.51 CAD 0.00
Polymetal International PLC 564.00 GBp -3.00
Stillwater Mining Co $13.14 USD -0.25
View Industry Companies
 

Industry Analysis

K

Industry Average

Valuation K Industry Range
Price/Earnings NM Not Meaningful
Price/Sales 0.8x
Price/Book 0.6x
Price/Cash Flow 2.8x
TEV/Sales NM Not Meaningful
 | 

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Report Data Issue

To contact KINROSS GOLD CORP, please visit www.kinross.com. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.