de’s operation consists of an open-pit copper mine, a 360,000 metric ton-per-day concentrator and SX/EW leaching facilities. This SX/EW leaching operation has a capacity of approximately 200 million pounds of copper per year. The available fleet consists of six 290-metric ton haul trucks and eighty-two 230-metric ton haul trucks loaded by nine electric shovels with bucket sizes ranging in size from 33 to 57 cubic meters and two hydraulic shovels with a bucket size of 21 cubic meters. This fleet is capable of moving an average of approximately 725,000 metric tons of material per day. Cerro Verde has a mining concession covering approximately 157,000 acres, including 14,500 acres rented from the Regional Government of Arequipa, plus 71 acres of owned property, and 80 acres of rights-of-way outside the mining concession area. Cerro Verde receives electrical power under long-term contracts with Kallpa Generación SA and ElectroPeru to supply energy to the expanded facilities. El Abra The company owns a 51 percent interest in El Abra, and the remaining 49 percent interest is held by the state-owned copper enterprise Corporación Nacional del Cobre de Chile (CODELCO). El Abra is an open-pit copper mining complex that is located 47 miles north of Calama in Chile’s El Loa province, Region II. The El Abra mine is a porphyry copper deposit that has sulfide and oxide mineralization. The El Abra operation consists of an open-pit copper mine and a SX/EW facility with a capacity of 500 million pounds of copper cathode per year from a 125,000 metric ton-per-day crushed leach circuit and a similar-sized ROM leaching operation. Indonesia PT-FI is a limited liability company organized under the laws of the Republic of Indonesia. The company directly owns 81.28 percent of the outstanding common stock of PT-FI and indirectly owns 9.36 percent through its wholly owned subsidiary, PT Indocopper Investama; the Indonesian government owns the remaining 9.36 percent. PT-FI conducts its exploration and mining operations in Indonesia through a COW with the Indonesian government. The COW allows the company to conduct exploration, mining and production activities in the 24,700-acre Block A area, which is where all of PT-FI’s proven and probable mineral reserves and all its mining operations are located. Under the COW, PT-FI also conducts exploration activities in the Block B area covering 502,000 acres. Grasberg Open Pit: The open-pit equipment fleet consists of approximately 500 units. The larger mining equipment directly associated with production includes an available fleet of 141 haul trucks with payloads ranging from 218 to 276 metric tons and 16 shovels with bucket sizes ranging from 17 to 42 cubic meters, which mined an average of 250,400 metric tons of material per day in 2015. For the year 2015, Grasberg's crushing and conveying systems delivered an average of 116,000 metric tons of ore per day to the mill. Grasberg's overburden handling system is capable of delivering 175,000 metric tons per day. For the year 2015, the Grasberg overburden handling system delivered an average of 43,000 metric tons per day of overburden to the overburden stockpiles. DOZ Underground Mine The DOZ mine fleet consists of approximately 250 pieces of mobile equipment. DMLZ Underground Mine The DMLZ ore body lies below the DOZ underground mine at the 2,590-meter elevation and represents the downward continuation of mineralization in the Ertsberg East Skarn system and neighboring Ertsberg porphyry. The DMLZ mine fleet consists of approximately 277 pieces of mobile equipment, which includes 33 LHD units and 19 haul trucks used in production and development activities. Big Gossan Underground Mine The Big Gossan mine fleet consists of approximately 135 pieces of mobile equipment, which includes five LHD units and three haul trucks used in development and production activities. Ore Bodies The company’s Indonesia ore bodies are located within and around two main igneous intrusions, the Grasberg monzodiorite and the Ertsberg diorite. Africa The company owns an effective 56 percent interest in TFM, with the remaini
freeport-mcmoran inc (FCX:New York)
333 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004
The information and data displayed in this profile are created and managed by S&P Global Market Intelligence, a division of S&P Global. Bloomberg.com does not create or control the content.
|No competitor information is available for FCX.|
|View Industry Companies|
|Price/Cash Flow||NM||Not Meaningful|
Sponsored Financial Commentaries
To contact FREEPORT-MCMORAN INC, please visit www.fcx.com. Company data is provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Please use this form to report any data issues.