Last $19.55 USD
Change Today +0.3136 / 1.63%
Volume 9.3M
FCX On Other Exchanges
Symbol
Exchange
New York
Mexico
Sao Paulo
Frankfurt
As of 1:23 PM 01/26/15 All times are local (Market data is delayed by at least 15 minutes).
text size: T | T
Back to Snapshot
Company Description

Contact Info

333 North Central Avenue

Phoenix, AZ 85004

United States

Phone: 602-366-8100

Fax:

Henderson mine and mill operations include approximately 11,900 acres, comprising 11,850 acres of patented mining claims and other fee lands and a 50-acre easement with the U.S. Forest Service for the surface portion of the conveyor corridor. Henderson operations receive electrical power through long-term contracts with Xcel Energy and natural gas through long-term contracts with BP Energy Company (with Xcel Energy as the transporter). Climax: The company’s wholly owned Climax mine is located 13 miles northeast of Leadville, Colorado. The Climax ore body is a porphyry molybdenum deposit with molybdenite as the primary sulfide mineral. The operations include approximately 14,350 acres, consisting primarily of patented mining claims and other fee lands. Climax operations receive electrical power through long-term contracts with Xcel Energy and natural gas through long-term contracts with BP Energy Company (with Xcel Energy as the transporter). SOUTH AMERICA In South America, the company has four operating copper mines – Cerro Verde in Peru, and El Abra, Candelaria and Ojos del Salado in Chile. In addition to copper, the Cerro Verde mine also produces molybdenum concentrates, and the Candelaria and Ojos del Salado mines produce gold and silver. Cerro Verde The company has a 53.56 percent ownership interest in Cerro Verde, with the remaining 46.44 percent held by SMM Cerro Verde Netherlands B.V. (21.0 percent), Compañia de Minas Buenaventura S.A.A. (19.58 percent), and other stockholders whose shares are publicly traded on the Lima Stock Exchange (5.86 percent). Cerro Verde is an open-pit copper and molybdenum mining complex located 20 miles southwest of Arequipa, Peru. The Cerro Verde mine is a porphyry copper deposit that has oxide and secondary sulfide mineralization, and primary sulfide mineralization. Cerro Verde’s operation consists of an open-pit copper mine, a 120,000 metric ton-per-day concentrator and SX/EW leaching facilities. Cerro Verde receives electrical power under long-term contracts with Kallpa Generación SA and Empresa de Generación Eléctrica de Arequipa. Cerro Verde has a mining concession covering approximately 157,000 acres, including 14,500 acres rented from the Regional Government of Arequipa, plus 25 acres of owned property, and 80 acres of rights-of-way outside the mining concession area. El Abra The company owns a 51 percent interest in El Abra, and the remaining 49 percent interest is held by the state-owned copper enterprise Corporación Nacional del Cobre de Chile (CODELCO). The El Abra mine is a porphyry copper deposit that has sulfide and oxide mineralization. The El Abra operation consists of an open-pit copper mine and a SX/EW facility with a capacity of 500 million pounds of copper cathode per year from a 125,000 metric ton-per-day crushed leach circuit and a similar-sized ROM leaching operation. Candelaria and Ojos del Salado Candelaria: The company has an 80 percent ownership interest in Candelaria, with the remaining 20 percent interest owned by affiliates of Sumitomo Corporation. The Candelaria property includes approximately 13,400 acres, including approximately 125 acres for the port facility in Caldera. Ojos del Salado: The company has an 80 percent ownership interest in Ojos del Salado, with the remaining 20 percent interest owned by affiliates of Sumitomo Corporation. The Ojos del Salado mines are iron oxide and copper and gold deposits. The Ojos del Salado mineral rights include approximately 15,800 acres, which includes 6,800 acres of owned land in and around the Ojos del Salado underground mines and plant site. INDONESIA The company owns 81.28 percent of PT Freeport Indonesia (PT-FI) and indirectly owns 9.36 percent through its wholly owned subsidiary, PT Indocopper Investama; the Indonesian government owns the remaining 9.36 percent. PT-FI operates the mines in the Grasberg minerals district. In addition to copper, the Grasberg minerals district also produces significant quantities of gold and silver. The company has established certain unincorporated joint ventures with Rio Tinto plc (Rio Tinto), under which Rio Tinto has a 40 percent

 

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup
Recently Viewed
FCX:US $19.55 USD +0.3136

FCX Competitors

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Last Change
Alcoa Inc $16.04 USD +0.28
Anglo American PLC 1,118 GBp +14.00
Goldcorp Inc C$29.21 CAD -0.51
Grupo Mexico SAB de CV $41.23 MXN +0.85
Southern Copper Corp $27.70 USD +0.58
View Industry Companies
 

Industry Analysis

FCX

Industry Average

Valuation FCX Industry Range
Price/Earnings 8.9x
Price/Sales 0.9x
Price/Book 0.9x
Price/Cash Flow 3.2x
TEV/Sales NM Not Meaningful
 | 

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Report Data Issue

To contact FREEPORT-MCMORAN INC, please visit www.fcx.com. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.