Exxon Mobil Corporation operates as a manufacturer and marketer of commodity petrochemicals, including olefins, aromatics, polyethylene and polypropylene plastics; and various specialty products. The company’s principal business is energy, involving exploration for, and production of, crude oil and natural gas; manufacture of petroleum products; and transportation and sale of crude oil, natural gas, and petroleum products. Syncrude Operations Syncrude is a joint venture established to recover shallow deposits of oil sands using open-pit mining methods to extract the crude bitumen, and then upgrade it to produce a light (32 degrees API), sweet, synthetic crude oil. Imperial Oil Limited is the owner of a 25 percent interest in the joint venture. The company has a 69.6 percent interest in Imperial Oil Limited. In 2015, the company’s share of net production of synthetic crude oil was 58 thousand barrels per day and share of net acreage was 63 thousand acres in the Athabasca oil sands deposit. Kearl Operations Kearl is a joint venture established to recover shallow deposits of oil sands using open-pit mining methods to extract the crude bitumen. Imperial Oil Limited holds a 70.96 percent interest in the joint venture and ExxonMobil Canada Properties holds the other 29.04 percent. The company has a 69.6 percent interest in Imperial Oil Limited and a 100 percent interest in ExxonMobil Canada Properties. Kearl includes six oil sands leases covering 49 thousand acres in the Athabasca oil sands deposit. The Kearl project is located approximately 40 miles north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. During 2015, average net production at Kearl was 149 thousand barrels per day. The Kearl Expansion project was completed and started up in 2015, adding additional capacity of 110 thousand barrels of bitumen per day. Principal Ongoing Activities The United States The company’s 2015 acreage holdings totaled 14.0 million net acres, of which 1.3 million net acres were offshore. The company was active in areas onshore and offshore in the lower 48 states and in Alaska. During 2015, 1,063.2 net exploration and development wells were completed in the inland lower 48 states. Development activities focused on liquids-rich opportunities in the onshore U.S., primarily in the Permian Basin of West Texas and New Mexico and the Bakken oil play in North Dakota and Montana. In addition, gas development activities continued in the Marcellus Shale of Pennsylvania and West Virginia and the Utica Shale of Ohio. The company’s net acreage in the Gulf of Mexico was 1.2 million acres as of December 31, 2015. A total of 3.5 net development wells were completed during 2015. The deepwater Hadrian South project and the non-operated Lucius project started up in 2015. The company continued development activities on the Heidelberg and Julia Phase 1 projects. Offshore California 1.0 net development well was completed. Participation in Alaska production and development continued with a total of 20.9 net development wells completed. Development activities continued on the Point Thomson project. Canada/South America Canada Oil and Gas Operations: The company’s acreage holdings totaled 6.2 million net acres, of which 1.9 million net acres were offshore as of December 31, 2015. A total of 11.1 net exploration and development wells were completed during 2015. Development activities continued on the Hebron project during 2015. In Situ Bitumen Operations: The company’s in situ bitumen acreage holdings totaled 0.7 million net onshore acres as of December 31, 2015. A total of 41.0 net development wells were completed during 2015. The Cold Lake Nabiye Expansion project started up in 2015. Argentina The company’s net acreage totaled 0.9 million onshore acres as of December 31, 2015, and there were 1.0 net development wells completed during 2015. Europe Germany A total of 4.8 million net onshore acres were held by the company as of December 31, 2015, with 0.7 net development wells completed during 2015. The Netherlands The company’s net interest in licenses totaled approximately 1.5 million acres as of December 31, 201
exxon mobil - bdr (EXXO34:Sao Paulo)
5959 Las Colinas Boulevard
Irving, TX 75039
The information and data displayed in this profile are created and managed by Capital IQ, a Standard & Poor's company. Bloomberg.com does not create or control the content.
|No competitor information is available for EXXO34.|
|View Industry Companies|
Sponsored Financial Commentaries
To contact EXXON MOBIL - BDR, please visit corporate.exxonmobil.com. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.