mania. RomTelecom offers fixed-line, data communication, IP/Internet, wholesale, and satellite TV services. OTE’s subsidiary, Cosmote S.A., holds an interest of 70% in the share capital of the mobile operator Cosmote Romania, with RomTelecom holding the remaining 30%. Cosmote Romania is a GSM (2G) mobile telecommunications provider in Romania. In 2009, Cosmote acquired Telemobil S.A. (Zapp), a mobile communications provider in Romania. As of December 31, 2009, Zapp had approximately 360,000 customers and its 3G network covered 23 cities in Romania. The total number of mobile subscribers in Romania reached 7.3 million in 2009. Bulgaria Cosmote S.A. (Greece) owns 100% of Globul, a mobile telecommunications operator in Bulgaria. Globul also holds a license for the construction, maintenance, and use of a public telecommunications network for data transmission and the provision of public telecommunications services in Bulgaria, and has been awarded the right to use microwave frequencies and the right to provide leased lines. As of December 31, 2009, Globul had 3.9 million customers. Other Other includes its operations in Albania, the F.Y.R.O. Macedonia and Montenegro. Through the 97 % owned COSMO-Holding Albania, and the acquisition of a 12.5% stake during 2009 directly by Cosmote, Cosmote indirectly holds a majority (95%) of the share capital of AMC, a mobile telecommunications subsidiary in Albania. AMC’s network operates on the GSM 900 and GSM 1800 frequencies in Albania. In the F.Y.R.O. Macedonia, the company offers fixed network communications through Makedonski Telekom, which is majority owned by Magyar Telekom. It offers mobile telecommunications services through T-Mobile Macedonia, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Makedonski Telekom. In addition, Magyar Telekom has a stake of 76.5% in Crnogorski Telekom, which provides fixed-network and mobile telecommunications services in the Republic of Montenegro. Competition T-Mobile Hungary faces competition from Pannon and Vodafone Hungary. T-Mobile Croatia faces competition from VIPnet and Tele2. T-Mobile Slovakia mainly competes against Orange and Telefonica O2. Cosmote Greece faces competition from Vodafone and Wind Hellas while in Romania, COSMOTE faces competition mainly from Orange and Vodafone. In Bulgaria, Globul faces competition from M-Tel and Vivatel. SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS The Systems Solutions operating segment, through T-Systems, provides information and communications technology (ICT) services worldwide, primarily to multinational companies, government agencies, and non-profit organizations. Principal Markets T-Systems uses its information technology and telecommunications expertise to provide ICT infrastructure and tailored solutions to its customers. T-Systems supports its customers through its global telecommunications and IT infrastructure networks. T-Systems’ primary markets are located in Germany and the rest of western Europe. Corporate Customers Corporate Customers is the sales unit of T-Systems International GmbH serving approximately 400 major customers of the company, including its customers of the public and health sector. Furthermore, Corporate Customers is also responsible for selling ICT services to business customers outside Germany. The Corporate Customers business unit serves its multinational and other major customers with a key account management team and customers with a direct sales approach. The KAM Unit is responsible for the overall global development and management of business with major customers with headquarters in Germany. This unit has a customer base of approximately 40 customers in 9 industry segments. The Direct Sales Unit serves approximately 340 customers. Direct Sales is responsible for the overall global development and management of business with these customers. Direct Sales bundles account management and service management, as well as sales management capabilities, and is supported by pre-sales capabilities. The Corporate Customers business unit also includes the Deutsche Telekom global account. Corporate Customers combines its support functions in five specific units: ICT PreSales, Big D
deutsche telekom ag-reg (DTE:Xetra)
Phone: 49 228 181 4949
Fax: 49 228 181 94004www.telekom.com
The information and data displayed in this profile are created and managed by S&P Global Market Intelligence, a division of S&P Global. Bloomberg.com does not create or control the content.
|No competitor information is available for DTE.|
|View Industry Companies|
Sponsored Financial Commentaries
To contact DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG-REG, please visit www.telekom.com. Company data is provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Please use this form to report any data issues.