Dominion Diamond Corporation focuses on mining and marketing of rough diamonds to the worldwide market. The company supplies rough diamonds to the market from its operation of the Ekati Diamond Mine (in which it owns controlling interest) and its 40% ownership interest in the Diavik Diamond Mine. The company controls the Ekati Diamond Mine, as well as the associated diamond sorting and sales facilities in Toronto and Yellowknife, Canada; Mumbai, India; and Antwerp, Belgium. Ekati Diamond Mine The Ekati Diamond Mine consists of the Core Zone (of which the company owns 88.9%), which includes the operating mine and other permitted kimberlite pipes, as well as the Buffer Zone (of which the company owns 65.3%), an adjacent area hosting kimberlite pipes having both development and exploration potential, such as the Jay kimberlite pipe and the Lynx kimberlite pipe. The Core Zone encompasses 175 mining leases, totaling 172,991.9 hectares, and hosts 111 known kimberlite occurrences, including the Koala, Koala North, Fox, Misery Main, Misery South, Misery SW Extension, Misery Northeast, Pigeon, and Sable kimberlite pipes. The company has a 65.3% interest in the Buffer Zone, with the remaining 34.7% interests held by Archon Minerals Limited. The Buffer Zone contains 106 mining leases covering 89,151.6 hectares, and hosts 39 known kimberlite occurrences, including the Jay and Lynx kimberlite pipes. The company’s indirect wholly-owned subsidiary, Dominion Diamond Ekati Corporation, is the operator of the Ekati Diamond Mine. The Diavik Diamond Mine The company has an ownership interest in the Diavik group of mineral claims. The Diavik Joint Venture is an unincorporated joint arrangement between Diavik Diamond Mines (2012) Inc. (60%) and Dominion Diamond Diavik Limited Partnership (40%) where Dominion Diamond Diavik Limited Partnership holds an undivided 40% ownership interest in the assets, liabilities and expenses of the Diavik Diamond Mine. Diavik Diamond Mines (2012) Inc. is the operator of the Diavik Diamond Mine. The company receives 40% of the diamond production from the Diavik Diamond Mine. The Diavik mineral claims and mining leases are contained within seven claim blocks. The Diavik Diamond Mine is located approximately 300 kilometers northeast of Yellowknife in the Northwest Territories. The mine site is situated on a 20 square kilometers island in Lac de Gras. The Diavik Joint Venture consists of the Diavik Diamond Mine and its surrounding exploration properties. A total of 302 mining leases are held in the Diavik Joint Venture which represents a land package of approximately 678,220 acres. Other Properties In 2011, Dominion Diamond Holdings Ltd. and its wholly owned subsidiary 6355137 Canada Inc. (collectively ‘Dominion Diamond’) entered into an option agreement with North Arrow Minerals Inc. (North Arrow) and Springbok Holdings Inc., (Springbok) in regards to their Lac de Gras properties in the Northwest Territories. Dominion Diamond’s Lac de Gras property covers 226,000 acres and is contiguous with property held by North Arrow that covers approximately 81,000 acres. History Dominion Diamond Corporation was founded in 1980.
dominion diamond corp (DDC:Toronto)
Yellowknife, NT X1A 3T1
|Gem Diamonds Ltd||114.75 GBp||-1.75|
|Lucara Diamond Corp||C$2.25 CAD||0.00|
|Petra Diamonds Ltd||80.00 GBp||-2.25|
|Alrosa PAO||62.98 RUB||-1.92|
|Rio Tinto PLC||1,737 GBp||-104.00|
|View Industry Companies|
|Price/Cash Flow||NM||Not Meaningful|
Sponsored Financial Commentaries
To contact DOMINION DIAMOND CORP, please visit www.ddcorp.ca. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.